To satisfy the growing need for Bottle Craft workshops, we try and facilitate regular workshops in all the major locations throughout the year. Our biggest challenge to the cost of transport, economical accommodation and of course a suitable, reasonably priced (of even better FREE) venue for the workshops. To make it economically viable we need to have a minimum of 10-12 paid-up attendees. We often have more that one workshop per location, depending on the interest and expenses that need to be covered for transport and accommodation. It helps us a great deal when we work through existing craft outlets/shops who already have a keen crafters database.
Please feel free to contact us if you have a large enough group who are interested in a workshop or if you have a suitable venue and would like to facilitate a workshop.
Currently we are offering the following two Bottle Craft workshops, but we are looking to expand as the demand grow:
A. BASIC CRAFTERS TRAINING: 3-HOURS WORKSHOPS
- Setting up and working comfortably with your Bottle Craft jig
- Making the ‘perfect’ scoreline
- Easy-as-pie separation of the two components
- Smoothing & sanding the rough edges
- Polishing the ‘lip-surface’ of your glass
- Gluing the two components together
- Enhancing your glass product by adding a basic design onto your glass product using Etching Gel paste to create the ‘frosted’ glass effect.
B. ADVANCED BOTTLE CRAFT TRAINING: 3-4 HOUR WORKSHOP
- This workshop can be done on its own or preferably as an ‘add-on’ to the Basic workshop. In this workshop we make use of ‘Relief Molding” combining the use of pewter and glass crafting.